Since many people I meet show little interest in heaven and express little desire to go there, I thought I’d provide a few instructions on how to go to hell instead. Following are just a few surefire courses of action to be damned and arrive in eternal hellfire and brimstone:
- Ignore the whole issue of heaven and hell and put off all thoughts of God and eternity for another day.
- Avoid, as much as possible, reading the Bible or attending churches where the Bible is read and taught. After all, the Bible is so narrow in its views regarding life, God’s judgment, and the age to come.
- Hope that God grades on a curve and will not condemn you if you have lived as well as the next guy.
- Believe that you can escape the fires of hell and obtain eternal life in heaven by doing good deeds.
- Live for now and indulge in all your desires because life is short.
- Give no heed to preachers who call upon all to repent and look to Christ Jesus for mercy and forgiveness.
- Treat the blood of Jesus shed for the sins of all as a worthless thing by continuing on in your sinful ways.
- Ignore Jesus and His pleas for you to repent and trust in Him for pardon, forgiveness and life everlasting in heaven.
Yes, I could go on listing ways to be sure of hell; but wouldn’t you rather be sure of heaven?
It’s simple: Acknowledge and repent of your sinfulness and shortcomings and place your faith and hope in Christ Jesus and His innocent sufferings and death for all sins.
In Jesus, heaven is sure! Why? Because Jesus kept all of God’s commandments perfectly in your stead and then suffered and died on the cross for your sins (and the sins of all), rose again, and ascended into the glories of heaven to prepare a place for all who repent of their sinful ways and believe God’s offer and promise of forgiveness and life through faith in Christ Jesus! All who look to Jesus in faith will be spared the fires of hell and receive, instead, the eternal glories of heaven!
God’s Word says, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved” (Acts 16:31 NKJV).
Some Bible proof passages: Romans 3:9-26; Hebrews 4:15; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; John 3:14-18, 36; Mark 16:15-16; Luke 24:46-47; John 14:1-6; Acts 1:9-11; 2:37-40; 3:19; 4:12; Ephesians 1 and 2; 1 John 1:8-9; 2:1-2.